West Card Id Fake Maker Virginia
It is against the law for a young person under 18 to:
- Buy alcohol
- Drink alcohol in a public place
- Pretend to be over 18 in order to buy alcohol
- Be in a pub after:
- West Card Id Fake Maker 9pm from 1 October to 30 April
- 10pm from 1 May to 30 September or
- Be on licensed premises during an exemption.
It is against the law for a young person under 15 to be in a pub without a parent or guardian.
A young person between 15 and 17 can attend a private function, such as a wedding, in a pub after the times above if a proper meal is being served.
It is also against the law for an adult to buy alcohol for a young person under the age of 18. The penalty is a maximum fine of €1500.
In a private residence, alcohol cannot be served to a visiting young person (under 18) without the explicit consent of that young person’s parent or guardian.
The information below should be helpful, as many parents are unsure of the law on underage drinking and what happens if this law is broken.
Juvenile Diversion Programme
- Applies to those over the age of criminal responsibility and under 18
- Gives young offenders a second chance
- Includes conditions, such as accepting responsibility, agreeing to cautioning and supervision from Juvenile Liaison Officer and no previous cautions
- Allows teenagers avoid a criminal record
Criminal Justice (Public Order) Act 1994
- Cannot be drunk in public place - maximum fine of €127
- Cannot take part in ‘offensive conduct’ between 12am and 7am - maximum fine of €635
- Cannot use threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour in public - maximum fine of €635 and/or 3 months jail
Intoxicating Liquor Act 1988 (Part IV provisions relating to persons under 18 years)
- It is illegal to sell or supply alcohol to under 18s
- West Card Id Fake Maker Gardaí can take away alcohol from under 18s drinking in public and can also contact their parents
West Card Id Fake Maker Off-licences sales
- Off-licence sales of alcohol is only permitted between the hours of 10.30 am and 10.00 pm on weekdays and 12.30 pm to 10.00 pm on Sundays
- It is illegal for anyone under the age of 18 to be in an off-licence, unless he or she is with a parent or guardian and all off-licences must display a sign to this effect